Wednesday, April 15, 2009

plan-a-holic

I spent at least a week planning my halloween costume. I spent the better part of 1 1/2 years trying to plan out leaving on a mission. I spent months as a junior dreaming of colleges on the east coast and seattle. I think I was around 13 when I drew a blue print for my "dream house" and ordered garden magazine to plan which flowers would be in the front and back yards. I guess I just like planning.

For the last few weeks I have been planning a trip out to DC, trying to fit in 8 interviews into 2 1/2 days in different parts of the DC which I have never been to, on a very small budget. If all is successful it might just be worth it... double the pay, a new job on the east coast, and feeling like I'm actually taking advantage of being a single college grad with nothing to tie her down.

I made a sweet new "career blog" that I think has been helpful in landing some interviews. Feel free to check it out. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I figured out how to get the slide show on there. (I just added a link at the top right of this blog)

One down side of being somewhat obsessive about planning things, however, is that it drives me crazy when people I want to do things with or guys I'm dating are, well, terrible at planning anything. Or when things don't go according to plan I start to become pessimistic at best and angry or hurt at worst. Maybe a new goal for me should be to find some way to balance this out. Or to just find someone to date who doesn't mind planning things out and actually sticks to the schedule. Hmm, I definitely think the odds of the first option actually happening are a lot higher.

1 comment:

  1. well, the first thing you need to do is add my blog to your blog list and the second is to throw away your planner! Like Mikey on Recess! :D

    ReplyDelete