I actually wrote this last year in February while I was living in Provo. But it pretty much summarizes what all my happy thoughts revolve around right now:
1.The sun makes me warm. Those of you who don't have to wear thermals, thick socks, sweaters, and coats to stay warm when the weather drops below 50 degrees may not appreciate the value of being warm, but for me it's a well appreciated luxury; a luxury which let me assure you I don't take for granted.
2.I love eating ice cream especially creamy kinds involving chocolate. But I love eating it even more in the sun. Eating it indoors in the winter and then having to put on another layer of clothing to warm up, just isn't the same.
3.Swimming, or to be more specific, laying out in the sun after a few minutes in the pool is terrific way to spend a Saturday afternoon. It's just so relaxing.
4.I appreciate not having to wear a jacket. Lots of things are more convenient and often more enjoyable while wearing a t-shirt rather than a thick jacket: eating, cuddling, giving hugs, taking a nap, etc.
5.Some of my fav Summer smells: BBQ, waterfalls, fresh cut grass, mountain air, aloe vera lotion, grandma's rhubarb crunch, dutch oven peach cobbler.
6.Volleyball on the beach is way better than in the gym. An incredibly fun form of exercise / social activity. Plus when you get tired there's always building sandcastles.
7.Camping is great for lots of reasons: falling asleep with the mountain breeze in the place of the AC and with the gentle sound of a creek near by, waking up to my Dad making pancakes, not having to wear make up or care what your hair looks like, quality time together.
8.Hiking and being out in nature is good for the soul and the body. The plan is that going hiking together will force my future husband to spend quality time with me, plus keep me in shape (bonus for him). Zions, Moab, Tetons... they're all amazing. My mission Pres. and his wife ran up mountains for their morning Jog. Maybe one day I'll be that cool.
9.The AC regulates the temp in my car way more quickly than the heater does. And sometimes it's just nice to drive around with the windows down. Plus the sun never coats your car in white frozen layers than make you late for work.
10.Some of my favorite childhood memories revolve around eating popsicles on the swingset. Blue sky, green grass, and the sun on my face.
11.I love putting a blanket out on the grass under the tree in my yard and curling up with a good book. The nap the inevitably follows is enjoyable as well.
12.Summer is a great season because the day last longer and the nights are even better. Dusk is the best part of the day. This leads to another reason I love the sun: it goes away for the night. Which makes #13-16 possible
13.Lying under the stars has to one of the most awe inspiring experiences known to mankind. Nothing beats the starts at night back home except for maybe in the the Teton Valley.
14.I love spending times with friends a campfire. That's when you get to know sides of your friends you've never seen before.
15.Taking walks on summer nights with my sister is the best therapy ever. I love my neighborhood at home around dusk. Being able to share everything I think and feel with someone I trust and who won't judge me too harshly is the perfect de-stresser.
16.Fun summer dates: Outdoor concerts and the drive in. Music or a movie, cool summer nights and good company—What a combo!
17.Sundays are better when it's warm. Walking to church becomes a beautiful morning stroll instead of a icy impossible climb up slushy stairs in shoes you're likely to fall to your death in. Wearing heels and a skirt is much more enjoyable when it doesn't involve permanent goosebumps and shivering for 3 hours.
18.Ultimate frisbee and basketball are enjoyable forms of exercise perfect for right after the sun goes down.
19.I like getting a tan. I'll enjoy it more this summer without the tan lines from my missionary shoes, but a good tan on my arms is a sign that I've been enjoying the summer to the fullest.
20.Mountain biking is my new favorite summer hobby. Gotta love the view when you get to the top or the water break by the creek after making it up that last big incline. It even helps me appreciate the shade.
21.So many good memories at the park! Picnics, naps, swings and slides... I love it all.
22.Ridiculous water games: running though the sprinklers, ice blocking, water slides—All fun with a good group of friends. I even like river rafting, hot springs, and boating as long as I don't have to actually get in the water much.
23.Summer attire is way better than winter clothes. I love wearing shorts to bed... much more comfy than long pants in the winter. Something about walking around the yard or down the street barefoot is so liberating. I also love that when I start to get cold in the summer, all I gotta do is throw on a sweatshirt.
24.Summer festivities that involve watermelon, corn on the cob, and snow cones. But nothing beats fresh, sun ripened, hand picked huckleberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
25.The sun makes me feel happy! Give me a good time in the sun and I'm guaranteed to feel at least 3.5x happier. Yes I think I'm in love with the summer and the sun. I was rather depressed when they went away for the winter and am glad our relationship is improving again. Bring on the heat!
No comments:
Post a Comment