1. When You Say Nothing at All is my fav song. I don't know exactly why.... I don't have a favorite book or movie or color, but this song has been my favorite since I was 12 or 13. It's funny that this song has yet to be associated with anyone in particular in my life, but maybe one day it will be.
2. I discovered Beautiful Disaster the other day. It was actually the inspiration for this playlist. The whole song as a representation of me is not very accurate, but different parts of it relate to different stages of my life in ways it would take a whole other post to explain.
3. Here Without You: I loved someone once. I put 18 of my favorite songs on a CD for him when he went away for a few weeks. He told me this was the one song he put on repeat and listened to while he was falling asleep. It's been a long time and he is now in love with the girl that became his wife, but that stage in my life has a lot of good memories.
4. Dusk and Summer: I watched my boyfriend play this song on his guitar and started to fall for him, yet at same time knowing the lyrics to this song applied to us more than I wanted to believe. Now, instead, of a boyfriend who plays this song, I have a kind friend and another song for this list.
5. Ok, so I'm not sure exactly what the lyrics to Higher mean, but I know that I really liked it in High School. I think it was the first branching out for me from the country music genre, so I thought that was important enough to earn it a place here.
6. One Boy, One Girl is one of the other daydreams I've had since I was a little girl and heard this song on the school bus. I even heard this song live at a Collin Raye concert at a BYU-Idaho. I loved BYU-I, I still want to have twins, and once had a good friend put this song on a CD for me the day after a sweet night of country dancing. So it's definitely a good one to me, even with all its sentimentality.
7. That's Where it Is: The song I hope one day will actually belong on this playlist.
No comments:
Post a Comment