
I loved Nauvoo! The temple was intricately and incredibly beautiful... every inch of it!
There was a senior missionary who shared his testimony of Jonathan Browning that really touched me. I'm grateful for my pioneer ancestors. As I walked down the Mississippi river and thought of what those pioneers felt looking back at the temple they were leaving behind, I knew the changes I was making in my life were nothing in comparison to their sacrifice.

However, I also felt a small connection between those pioneers and my drive across the country: we were both trusting that God was leading us to where we are supposed to be and that things would work out, just as they did for those who made their way to Utah more than 150 years ago.

This is my mom and I at... a cemetary. She's trying her best to instill her love in genealogy in me and insisted we stop to visit an ancestor's grave. Her name was Nancy. Maybe I'll find it interesting in 30 years from now.

I also found the Winter Quarters Temple beautiful. I liked the dirt road up to the temple that I found when I was lost almost as much.

Well a few days after arriving at DC I decided to take a trip with some friends in the ward to the beach!! See the little strip of islands to the east of north carolina that extends down the whole coast. Yep that's where I was and it was a picturesque beach.


The sunburn, the pan fire, the flooding pipe, etc weren't quite as ideal, but still it was a fun weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment