This last weekend was one of record setting snow on the East Coast. It also made for a good story:
Justin came down Friday night from New Jersey and took me to see the Fantastics in DC. By the time we made it to Arlington that night, the snow was starting to come down and the roads weren't that great. But I made it back to my apartment and parked safely in the garage.
By the next morning when I woke up at 10, the snow had covered everything. We had at least a half a foot by then, and by noon, close to a foot. Justin was only six miles away, but with the news telling us how horrible the roads were and the blizzard expected all day, there was no way for Justin to make over to my house. He even thought about braving the roads, but after several valiant efforts, his car was still stuck.
However, by the afternoon, we were so desperate to see each other (after all, we spend so much time apart as it is) we decided to pick a meeting point (my friend Lindy's house) and start walking. I had been walking for about 10 minutes when I got offered a ride about a mile down the road. I still had a mile to go, but found another ride from right there. So 15 minutes after I started out, I had made it t my destination, which to begin with was closer than Justin's "half". When I called Justin to report the great news, he said he hadn't gone very far at all, as he had stopped to try to help some stuck cars. Well... two hours later, Justin finally arrived, cold and exhausted, but having accumulated a nearly infinite amount of brownie points (and making one girl very happy). We spent the next day shoveling and watching movies, while I vowed to hate snow for the rest of my life. The end.
I still love the snow no matter what! lucky...
ReplyDelete