Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Love this city

On days like this, I think I could live in Alexandria for a long time.
Reasons:
The drive down the GW Parkway past the DC monuments on the way to the park was beautiful.

I enjoyed getting to know a new friend... an Kurdish au pair who speaks, Kurdish, german, french, and pretty decent English.

Felt so rejuvenated by a bike ride down to Mount Vernon right along the Potomac river as the sun was setting...perfect!

Didn't even mind getting lost in Arlington as I discovered that Crystal City is way cooler than I realized. If I'm lucky maybe I can convince a date to take me to eat at one of those cool outdoor restaurants this summer.

The benches in Shirlington are pretty great on warm nights.

People watching: skateboarding hippie, the friendly black man on the bike in front of me, the cute family speaking another language at the park. I love going to a park and not being able to understand any of the languages being spoken around me.

Playing near the river with Sam and Isabella, while enjoying a talk with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment