Sunday, August 15, 2010

Virginia Beach Trip

Norfolk Naval Base Tour. Started out our saturday with a tour of a cool navy ship. Well, I think it's more cool if you're a boy... heck I can't even remember what it's really called (cool navy ship isn't the offical title). Then we headed to beach, Virginia Beach to be specific, where the weather was perfect, the sand was hot, the water was oceany (too cold for my taste), our friends were MIA for a while, the time was limited, and the boys beat us at ultimate frisbee.

Best part of saturday was a sweet cruise in Portsmouth where we went on a REAL sailing ship. The captain built the ship himself. It was a BEAUTIFUL evening.

We finished out our Saturday night exhausted, but happily fed at a cool drive in whose name I forget because I felt half drunk with tiredness. The ice cream was goooood though.


Sunday after church we had a picnic in the perfect picnic location: the Botanical gardens in Norfolk. And we took a little tour on a tram around the gardens. Very enjoyable afternoon.


All in all, it was a great way to spend the weekend, exploring a new part of Virginia, accommodated by gracious hosts, and making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment