So we found the perfect Christmas tree and I put every strand on white Christmas lights that we had on it... plus some vintage silver and gold ornaments on it. I had grand plans to add gold and silver pinecones too but ran out of time (ugh... grad school). We had to cut off some of the lower branches to fit in the stand, so I decided to try to be all Martha Stewarty...but that takes time and talent, neither of which I had enough of. So I ended up on with the rather ugly looking creation below.
Fortuntately, when I got around to fixing it later, it decided not to be so ugly.My mom and I came up with this creation for the front porch. It's... uhh.. creative. and festive. And it was mostly from stuff we already had (from Jenna's baby shower decorations), so that's cool.
This also wasn't exactly as beautiful as I was hoping, but with practice, maybe I'll get better at making stuff like this.
Last year I lived 5 minutes walking distance from temple square and went 6 times. This year I live 5 minutes driving distance and went 3 times. We stopped for chocolate at the Rocky Mountain chocolate factory before seeing the lights. Nico picked out a reindeer chocolate sucker and really enjoyed it if you can't tell by the pictures. I enjoyed the mild weather early in December that made the excursions to temple square much less freezing than usual.



No comments:
Post a Comment