Saturday, September 12, 2009

smorgasbord of DC

Those words you can't really read on that building are actually the first amendment on a mueseum that our "tour guide"/ friend in the ward told us was the news museum. This picture begins my entry today because the first amendment is a constitutional right a whole lot of people in Washington were exercising today...
a rally of Republicans/ conservatives/ Americans who happened to pick the same day to have a rally that we picked to have enrichment at the Library of Congress.
this is the afterthought... oh I need a picture to prove I was there. This really just a few of the protesters heading to the metro/ home/ to eat lunch.


Well the protesting scene isn't really my thing. I enjoyed the art street show we went to next a lot more. This is a cute baby in the crowd there.


These two are some SWEET Washington meets Van Gogh pictures that fall into the "if I had more money, I would definitely buy these" category that grows larger by the day.


This is the only pic I took at the Library of Congress because all the cool things we saw (like the Gutenberg Bible and the spectacular meeting room that is on National Treasure 2 but was definitely cool before that, and the collection of Thomas Jefferson's books) are all not allowed to be photographed.


Since I first knew what Classical art was, I've loved Monet. He, however, does not fall into "when I can afford that" list because we all know that will never happen. oh well. I'm fine with the goal of one day owning a $200 work of art.

To finish up our DC tour, I've included the only pics I took that aren't horrible from the National Art Gallery. Jeff's hoping his company gets the contract for renovations there. I hope so too 'cause then he'll be driving less to work and hopefully have more time for me :) At least he's not in Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment