Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what he is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised.
But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is he up to? The explanation is that he is building quite a different house from the one you thought of — throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards.
You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but he is building up a palace. He intends to come and live in it himself.
C.S. Lewis, in Mere Christianity
So I'm about to take a leap of faith. Beginning with a long drive across the country alone. But knowing how wonderfully God has blessed me (see several examples in the post below of how amazing this year and half has been out here in DC) --I'm certain that He will continue to allow miracles to take place in my life.
I am more than content to let God be the architect of my life. He's been doing such a good job, despite my stubborn resistance and the raw materials he must work with. But that is what God does, take the raw materials and form us into sometime greater. I'm turning my life over the Lord, making the conscious decision to trust Him every step of the way, especially when things don't go as planned/wanted/or as I desperately hope they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment