Tuesday, January 18, 2011

brain in overdrive...

My brain hurts from thinking too much today. I just can't stop. Usually when my brain goes into overdrive, it means I'm going to be in a not-so-good mood. Today hasn't been so bad, all things considered.

It was sunny and barely warm today. Yesterday it was play-at-the-park warm, like melt-some-more-snow warm. And it makes me crave the summer, a lot. Sun=happy. Cold and dark=frown. That's just how it works for me. So I couldn't help but think that as soon as it gets above 60 degrees in Moab, I'm there. I need some outdoor fun. Soon. Plus, there's a bucket list on my phone of summer adventures that need to happen. And it keeps getting longer. The summer isn't going to be long enough. I just know it. And it's still months away. aaaahhhh!

Also, started pondering about getting some more education and real job someday. The only major that looked interesting a college down the street was interior design....... ummmm, why couldn't I just have a career already? Why did I decide the idea of actually earning a decent amount of money at a job was a good about 5 years after graduating from college?

And somehow in the middle of all these thoughts, circulating in the midst of making some rather delicious chicken alfredo, I kept telling myself to just live in the moment, enjoy today... It's a hard task for me.

What does and doesn't cross my mind in a day sometimes surprises me.

Interesting event of the day: Some random guy stopped me in the grocery store parking lot to ask me out. I didn't give him my number, but I'll take the compliment.

3 comments:

  1. I had a random guy ask me out in the grocery store once and I went out. Include us in some of your summer adventures. We have a house that will travel.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the PMBA at the U. Once you get the MBA you will have all sorts of options with your undergrad background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute blog, Devany! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and just in case you don't have enough plans for the summer, you can come visit me in Africa, that'll cross something serious off that bucket list! :-)

    ReplyDelete