Monday, August 6, 2012

Morgan Valley Half Marathon

My dad snapped this pic just as I was finishing the marathon. I actually felt pretty good at this point. I didn't have any moment that were too hard during the race, but about the evening after the race and the next morning I sure felt those last 3 miles... 3 miles farther than I had ever run.
 I liked the cool medal we got. as we finished. I finished with a time of 2:05. 14th in my age group. For my first (and only?) half marathon I was pretty happy with my time.
This is Bryant and I. He won the marathon with a time only 40 minutes more than mine. Double the length but a much faster pace. It was fun to know someone else that was running. It was also nice to have my brother along for the first few miles and my parents there to cheer us on. All in all, definitely a good goal to meet and a great race experience.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Devany! I hear it was hilly so that is still quite the feat! I'm training for one later this month in Logan. I had trained up to six (I've run 10 before) and ended up running 9 last weekend. I feel like I've been run over! So I know what you mean about feeling those last three miles...

    ReplyDelete