Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall favorites

In between a few breakdowns after not doing so well on some tests, relationships transitions, friendship drama (i.e. feeling like I'm back in middle school somedays trying to be friends with girls in my cohort), and waiting for that phone call about Grandpa (He's close to passing on. I don't blame him for being ready to move on to a much better place... more about that another day), I've had few really fun moments the last week as well.

My friend Kevin and I picked the perfect warm autumn day for a mountain bike ride along the bonneville shoreline trail behind the U. We found a gorgeous canyon.
Fall bike ride

Riding down this road was even more fun than admiring the view from the top
This weekend Shawn came down from Idaho to spend some time with me, and I was more than happy to have a good excuse to close my laptop for a few days and spend some time just having fun. I discovered that I've lost my pumpkin carving tools, tights, and thermals. I'm seriously sad about this. I had a really sweet collection of carving stuff and how am I supposed to get through the winter without tights and thermals? Still, for only having one measly carving tool, we did pretty good. Actually, Shawn's a carving pro and didn't know it. As for me....Don't count the legs on my spider. It won't come out to 8. But I didn't point that out to you. I predict more pumpkins masterpieces to come before October is over.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment