Sunday, December 14, 2008

I hate that when I start to feel like I have become a part of something, it's time to leave. That's the life of a single young woman I guess, becoming attached to something or someone and then having to break out that part of your heart and let it go.
I want to tell myself it's worth the pain, that having loved or cared or belonged to something changes me enough for it to be worth it. But sometimes I wonder. Mostly I wonder when I'll ever get to care about those around me and not have to walk away.

I had an amazing experience today. Our ward choir came to sing at Heritage, the place where I work. One of the songs was duet that was beautiful and filled with the spirit. (My) Those kids needed to feel that so much. I wasn't the only one with eyes brimming with tears. That is the constant, I guess. That is what doesn't change. The Lord, and my Savior Jesus Christ and the joy that comes from sharing his love with others. Yes, the transitions come, the changes are inevitable, yet those around me will continue to be the constant ocean of many different people who swell and recede in diverse yet beautiful ways to fill my life with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment