
My little brother is serving in the Vena del Mar, Chile mission. He called a day or two after the earthquake to let my parents know he was okay. He emailed us a few days later:
"So yep i was awakened and aroused Friday night by an earthquake in Chile. Where im at in Salamanca it was more of just a tremble. But for example down in Santiago about 5 hours from where I'm at and even more south in concepsion (12 hours) they felt it a lot worse. According to the update that I received from my mother there are 708 killed this number is new for me. I haven’t felt too worried because I can’t see the damage but my comp is from Santiago so he has a little bigger reason to worry and be concerned, but thankfully every thing is just fine with his family.
Braulio was successfully confirmed member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints On Sunday. Thanks for worrying about me. It shows that I'm not a forgotten fairy tail."
I'm interested to see how the missionary work progresses in Chile now. I'm totally blown away by this article about a mission president who was inspired to prepare his mission in Santiago for the earthquake weeks before it happened. I love this example of how inspired by God mission presidents are!
No comments:
Post a Comment