Saturday, December 24, 2011

Stolen my heart

My sister came to visit for a few days while I was working in Salt Lake. It was nice to have her around for the craziness that is being a nanny to two boys. We also got in a photo shoot at the library while she was around.
Of course Luca was total ham. Taking pictures is not his favorite thing.
Aren't these pictures precious? This baby sure is adorable. I love how cute cuddly he is.

My sister I were talking about the fact that I've been Nico's nanny since the day he came home from the hospital.
She said: "How does it feel knowing that you've been taking care of him practically since he was born?"
I said: "It feels like how would I ever stop being his nanny? Like, how could anyone else come and take my place."

I've never been a full time nanny for a infant and now almost one-year old before. Yes, other kids have stolen my heart, including a 14-month-girl who grew into a fun, happy 2-year-old girl. And a 5-year-old boy who writes me letters to say he misses me. But the attachment I have to this baby boy is something special.

With grad school around the corner and much many decision in the near future, I'm sure that life will take me in another direction, probably sooner than later. But I sure enjoy rocking that baby to sleep at night and hearing his laugh when I spin him in the air, and catching him when he falls. So even though being a nanny is tough at times, especially on cold winter days, I find myself soaking in my time with these boys, and appreciating the chance to love them. (Except when Luca is in tears for the third time in one day because he doesn't get a Christmas present yet. I have very low tolerance for entitlement. Just drives me crazy. And let's not even get me started on the reasons I hate Christmas gift giving.)

No comments:

Post a Comment