Up to 4... 4 official visits to the lights at temple square so far. Since I live about 3 blocks away from temple square, my goal this Christmas season is to see how many different friends and events I can attend at temple square. Once it's January, I'll post a picture collage of my visits, but here's little sneak peak:
I'm actually enjoying the Christmas season so far this year. Lots of goodness thus far. If only it didn't have to end in the whole opening presents tradition. Still trying to figure out a way I can avoid this in my future family without a Christmas morning letdown. Determined to create some better traditions that actually focus on the Savior that don't involve buying or getting new socks.
On another note...
Life's been quite busy the last few months. I usually can't fall asleep until I can get my "to do list" to stop streaming through my brain. Usually at night there's so many things I have to get done: study for the next test, buy something on amazon, call or text someone, pay something, fill out some form or application, return something, clean something, cook something, add something to my grocery list, email someone, plan something, mail something, read scriptures, pray, remember to bring this, stop thinking about him quite so much. But after finals this wednesday and finishing grad school apps after that, I think my "to do list" will slow down a bit. Maybe I'll actually be able to fall asleep before 11:30 pm and fit in some exercise some where. Let's not kid myself, I'm going to keep myself really scheduled and busy during Christmas break, because that's just how I roll, but at least it will involve less exams and deadlines.
Also having fun with the kiddos lately even though it's sooo cold outside. Rediscovering cool places like the bookstore, the library, and playdates, and discovering a sweet new natural history museum. This baby sure is cute:
So far this season, I've introduced Luca to
The Grinch, Santa at discovery gateway, the
Muppets Christmas Carol, and taking him to the lights soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment