This week I watched a movie called Stranger than Fiction. Though Will Ferrell is the main character, it is not a typical Will Ferrell movie. I actually liked it. After it was over, my friend asked me the point of the movie (he had after all watched the movie when he was supposed to be doing his homework and I think the guilt was catching up with him ). I actually found something I think I can relate to in the movie. There’s a point where he know that he’s going to die and he asks Dustin Hoffman (an English Professor) what he should do with his life. He tells him to just live it as he has always wanted, to become what he has dreamed of. Now, the movie isn’t incredibly profound, but I felt a little like I could relate to Harold’s quest: To leave the easy scheduled routine behind and to have the courage to live my dreams. I am still finding my dreams, but there are the moments when I feel like I have begun to catch hold of them. Right now this includes searching out the possibilities of moving out to DC in April. And so far, it feels like it might just work out.
I like this scene with guitars because it’s often how I feel about making decisions… Still searching, but I think I'll know when I finally find the right one.
Are you saying that you usually don't enjoy Will Ferrel movies?
ReplyDeleteumm yes. it's true. I'm not a will ferrell, jim carrey, etc. fan. I haven't even seen the movie dumb and dumber. just not my thing.
ReplyDeleteSo I watched this movie a couple months ago and absolutely loved it!!!
ReplyDelete