Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sister Hinckley's wisdom

Today I'm all out of my own wisdom and want to share from Marjorie Hinckley. I love this quote: "The road has not been paved all the way for any of us. We all have a small place in our hearts where we store our sorrows and disappointments. But are there not days when you are simply overwhelmed with the blessings of the Lord? It was ever thus."

I think I share this one today because this is how I often feel about my life. So often things I hope for seem to just lead to another disappointment. But sometimes when I look back at the experiences I see how much I was learning and growing in the process. (Yes there are times when in my stubbornness I impede myself from learning, but most of the time the Lord is patient enough to help me learn the lesson).

It also seems that at the exact moment when I want to give myself over to the sorrow of what I don't have or what I don't measure up to, if I will just take a moment to look around, I find myself surrounded by the merciful, overwhelming blessings of the Lord. He does take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment