
Whether or not every other BYU blogger is doing it, I'm going to do it too... my festival of colors blog post. Four of us headed down to the Spanish Fork Krishna Temple last saturday. Good thing it was four of us, because by the time the festival had started and I saw the traffic, my pessimistic self was ready to turn back and say we tried. We were more than a mile away when we saw the pink cloud of chalk in the air and I was not too excited about walking another mile to something we already had missed. Good thing I had three more optimistic traveling companions.
When we actually made it up to the festival everyone we saw was more than covered in pink, yellow, green, and blue chalk. Eventually we found a few people who had a bit of extra chalk they were willing to share. I ended up with some pretty sweet looking pink hair.
I even somewhat enjoyed a few minutes in the middle of the "mosh pit"... though I'm sure this one was mild compared to most. I still am not quite sure what the religious purpose of the whole festival was for, but there was thousand of people who did enjoy themselves, myself included.
yay for festival of color posts! :D
ReplyDelete